Learning to play guitar is not the most difficult thing in the world. Nevertheless, the beginnings are difficult. So if you can get help, take it. Well, I’m playing guitar since about 25 years. My time as a beginner is long a ago. But I still remember that i’ve appreciated every help that I could get. One kind of help today offers you Guitar Now.
Guitar now is a plastic holder which can accommodate interchangeable Chord Inserts. So if you want to learn a chord you have to slide in the chord insert. After that the insert shows you the spot where you have to press your fingers. Just press down the insert and it will press down the string on the fret where it has to be played. Sounds easy.
In my oppinion it is a litte bit to easy. One of the greates problems of each guitar beginner is to toughen up the fingertips. So if you don’t press down the strings but a comfortable string holder you just postpone the pain for your fingertips.
Let’s be honest, if you got problems to learn where to put your fingers it is easier and cheaper to put little dot markers on the fretboard. Just take blue spots for D major, yellow for C major and so on. With the Guitar Now you have to stop the play everytime you want to change the chord. Therefore it is nothing for playing songs. Every half and even low talentet beginners should be able to learn the mayor chords in only a few hours.
- A new idea to teach guitar chords
- Learn the position of the fingers without the pain of holding down the steel strings
- Not very expensive
- Not realy necessary
- You have to stop playing to change the chords
- Only a few chords avaiable
- Not toughen up you fingertips while playing
- I’m not a fan of screwing something on the neck of your guitar. Even if Guitar Now claims that it will not harm your guitar I’m not shure if there is realy no risc (there are a lot of technicaly untalented people in the world)